Tuesday 15 May 2012

Esquire Magazine




I did not think I'd talk about any Men's magazine to be quite frank. Well not for a while at least.
To be honest I did not know when it'll come up at all.

So here we are.

Esquire - Style and Substance. Damn, it sounds good already.

I feel that now days many men lack the decency to enquire about certain things that a distinguished gentleman should know.
Simple things that are part of our modern life and society.

Clothing for example. How many times have I walked down a street and seen a man wearing the wrong pieces of clothing together. To be honest, I do not think that there is a right or wrong way to dress, but there is definitely a stupid one. Socks with flip-flops? Know what I mean?

But even without going to such extremism I think that certain people could look so much better.
It is our duty to show that we look good.

Do not make the mistake to believe that because you belong to the masculine race that you are exempted  from dressing distinguishably and gracefully nice because you shall not even remotely be pardoned from having such foolish thoughts. And it is not as easy as it looks as our "gentler" counterpart could tell you.

Colours, patterns, fabrics, fitting and many more criteria may define what goes with what and what does not.
My friends. There is no shame in not knowing but only in continuing in our perverted and stubborn descent shall we find chaos.

Esquire Magazine is a Men's Magazine founded in 1932.
It is published in other 20 countries (so you do not have a good reason for not buying it).

Esquire Magazine is...oh they say it so well I'd hate to ruin it.

"Esquire is special because it's a magazine for men. Not a fashion magazine for men, not a health magazine for men, not a money magazine for men. It is not any of these things; it is all of them. It is, and has been for nearly seventy years, a magazine about the interests, the curiosity, the passions, of men."
David Granger, Editor in Chief

This month cover is the picture of Robert Downey Junior (Ironman).
By the way the picture above is not the picture of the cover. I just thought this looked better. 
I'm not going lie I have a bit of a man crush on Robert. 

So here it is.

The magazine also has a website (http://www.esquire.co.uk/).
And a lot of interesting videos. Enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment